Dear Friends and Family,
We hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Now Christmas is just around the corner and we are right in the midst of planning our Christmas outreaches.
In mid-December Chad will be joining one of our fellow missionaries in handing out Christmas tracks. They will be dressed up as Santa Claus and his elves, and planning to pass out approximately 1600 tracks near our church and station. Please pray that those tracks will be handed to the very people who have ears to hear and hearts to understand the true meaning of Christmas, and that those people will be led to the ministries of our church or SonRise Cafe in the future.
Please also join us in your prayers for the Christmas service at our church which will be held on the 22nd of December, that the message of Christmas would do its powerful work to plant the seed, grow it, or reap the eternal fruit of salvation in the hearts of those whom God leads to the service this year. May God also use this Christmas service to add to our church genuine seekers of Him or potential believers with whom we may pursue relationships to fulfil our God-given church planting vision to establish reproducing churches in Japan!
We have been so thankful for the new ministry opportunity that the Lord has brought to Noriko recently to be a part of a parenting class that one of our co-missionaries, Sarah, is leading at the SonRise Cafe. Currently three unbelieving mothers have been attending faithfully, so please pray that the truth of God’s Word shared in this class may meet these mothers where they are personally and practically in their daily parenting, and that as a result their hearts may be drawn to seek the Lord and His Word more. Please also pray for Sarah, for the Lord’s guidance and enablement in leading the class as well as for Noriko, that her presence in the class may be a blessing and encouragement to both Sarah and the mothers. We are very much encouraged to know that these mothers have agreed to come to the Christmas service at our church on the 22nd, and that their children are even going to perform Christmas songs along with our children!!
Christmas Outreach for Japanese Kindergarten
We are so thankful for the new contacts that we have made so far at Yoshiki’s kindergarten and all the opportunities that the Lord has brought to spend time with them throughout this year. At this time we would particularly ask for your prayers as Sarah (her son, Joshua goes to the same kindergarten with Yoshiki!) and Noriko are hosting a Christmas party on December 6th inviting some mothers from the kindergarten. As we are still at the beginning stage of the relationship building process, please pray that the Lord will use this party to bring our relationship with these mothers to a deeper and intimate level, one that will lead and prepare for whatever further outreach God may have in the future.
Words cannot express enough how thankful we are to you for your ongoing prayer support for Yuki’s school life. Recently we have been very encouraged to see her beginning to form closer friendships with some of her classmates and even going out to play with them after school! This has brought great joy and confidence to Yuki and our hearts overflow with thankfulness for all of you who have faithfully lifted her up in your prayers for the last three years. At this time we would appreciate your prayer that the Lord may grow these relationship into the kinds that will have positive influences in each other’s life.
We pray that you will have a very merry Christmas. Our hearts are so grateful for your faithful support toward our ministry here in Japan.
Chad and Noriko
- Please pray that Christmas tracks will be handed to the very people who have hearts to understand the true meaning of Christmas, and that those people will be led to the ministries of SonRise Church or SonRise Cafe in the future.
- Please pray for the Christmas service at our church on December 22nd, that the message of Christmas may bear an eternal fruit of salvation in the hearts of those whom God leads to the service, and that He may use this service to add to our church genuine seekers of Him or potential believers with whom we may build relationships eventually leading to belief in Christ, thus fulfilling our church planting vision to establish reproducing churches in Japan.
- Please pray for the parenting class that our fellow missionary leads, that God may use it to draw the unbelieving mothers to seek Him and His word more, and that Noriko’s attendance may provide an encouragement and support to this ministry in any way.
- Please pray for the Christmas party for Yoshiki’s kindergarten contacts on December 6th, that the Lord may use this party to grow a deeper and more intimate relationship with them, that which may lead and prepare for our further outreach ministry in the future.
- Please pray for the Lord’s continued work to form the kind of friendships in Yuki’s life which will have positive influences in each other’s life.