Dear Friends and Family,
Greetings from Tokyo in the new year! It is hard to believe that we just celebrated our fifth year of living and ministering here in Japan. We truly celebrate God’s faithfulness and grace over these years in our family’s life!
As some of you may know, Chad’s mother had a stroke in December. She lost the feeling in the left side of her body, but has regained some movement. She is currently in a nursing home and working on recovering. Please pray for the Lord’s daily sustaining grace for both Chad’s mom and his brother’s family (as her immediate caregivers) during this trying time.
The Christmas coffee that Noriko and her co-worker Sarah hosted went well. With the Lord’s blessing and leading it was an intimate and meaningful time with the mothers from Yoshiki’s kindergarten as we cherished and reflected together on our last three years of our friendship.
We had a record number at our Christmas service at SonRise Church! Many of our unbelieving contacts were able to be there to hear the message of the Gospel. Please pray that in this coming new year God will powerfully work to grow the seed of His truth planted in their hearts during this Christmas, resulting in their eternal life.
During recent months it has been wonderful to have an increasing number of attenders (both believers and unbelievers) in our church on Sunday mornings. Along with the blessing, our church has been facing some space issue, and some of the church members have been on the lookout for a new location to meet. Would you join us in praying that the Lord will provide us with a location that meets our needs and budget? With this increased number of people, we will also appreciate your continued prayer for the church leadership as they continue to seek, discern, and follow the Lord’s leading for the most effective way to lead and serve our church members in their spiritual growth.
For the last year and half, we have been looking into the life of King David, through our inductive Bible study on first and second Samuel. It has been our earnest prayer that through this study God may give us an understanding of what a man after His own heart is like, and that He may take that very truth and transform us into such a man and woman that He delights in as His servants. One of the lessons we have learned from David’s life was his faithful choice of directing his heart to seek and follow through God’s voice in any and every matter / circumstance of his life. With Yoshiki finishing his kindergarten and moving to a new school in March and her co-worker leaving the field this summer, we are currently seeking the Lord’s clear direction regarding Noriko’s future ministry. Would you please pray that God will keep within us this steadfast seeking heart like David during this time, preparing us to receive what He has in store in the new chapter of Noriko’s ministry.
- Please pray for the Lord’s daily sustaining grace for both Chad’s mom and his brother’s family after her recent unexpected stroke.
- Please pray for God’s continued mighty work in this new year to grow the seed of the gospel planted in the hearts of unbelievers around us during this Christmas.
- Please pray for God’s miraculous provision of a new place for our growing church during Sunday services.
- Please pray for our church leadership as they continue to seek, discern, and follow the Lord’s leading for the most effective way to lead and serve our church members in their spiritual growth.
- Please pray that God will keep within us steadfast seeking hearts like David as we seek the Lord’s clear direction and leading regarding Noriko’s future ministry.