We pray you have had a good start to this new year. On the 26th of this month we celebrated our 6th anniversary of being on the field. We praise God for His ever faithful work in our lives and ministries here as well as for your faithfulness in coming alongside us for support and encouragement all these years!
Chad’s Office Move
It was a very busy end of the year for Chad in the TEAM Japan office. Along with all of the end-of-year finance activities, he also helped organize the office’s move to a temporary location. Because of TEAM’s remodeling work on the building where Chad’s office was previously, the office has been moved to one of TEAM’s houses. As you can see from the photo, the new place is very tight: six of us working in one small living room and two bedrooms used for meetings! Please pray that despite this change in their work environment, the office staff may remain productive and fruitful in their ministry work.
Noriko’s Ministry Direction
Thank you for all your prayer support for Noriko as she fervently sought the Lord through this past year for His direction regarding her ministry focus and role(s) in this new season of her life. We truly believe that Noriko has received His answer.
The Lord has led Noriko to officially join the ministry initiative/team (Tokyo Metro Ministry Initiative) that leads our church plant, SonRise church. We are praying that this will bring about an even more focused and fruitful ministry at the SonRise church for its growth. Joining the ministry team will help her be more informed of decisions and directions that the team makes in the ministry of our church, thus enhancing her prayer ministry by giving her a clearer insight into the future direction of the church. Extra responsibilities include, but are not limited to, attending a weekly team meeting and building a closer relationship with the team.
We have been asked to be mentors for a new missionary couple that has just arrived this month. This involves coming alongside the new missionaries in various aspects, walking with the husband/the wife through his/her first term (the first four years) of “firsts.” For the last couple of weeks, we have been providing them with practical helps as they take care of what it takes to establish a new life here in Japan.
Please join us in your prayers in the upcoming days that we may build a strong mentoring relationship with our mentees and provide them with support and encouragement during their first term’s adjustment in their life and ministry on the field.
As we begin these new areas of ministry, please pray that we will be walking in the Lord’s will, faithfully seeking and following His leading every step of the way.
Yuki’s Transition into Middle School
We would greatly appreciate your prayers as Yuki moves to middle school in April. We expect that it will be a big adjustment for her since middle school work here becomes a lot heavier and more competitive among the peers. Please pray that the Lord may prepare her to be able to cope with all of that, and that she may grow through this milestone in her life.
- Please pray that TEAM Japan office staff may remain productive and fruitful in their ministry even in the midst of their new work environment.
- Please pray that Noriko may have an even more effective prayer ministry at SonRise church as she joins this new ministry team.
- Please pray for our new mentoring role, that we may build a strong mentoring relationship with our mentees and provide them with support and encouragement during their first term adjustment in their life and ministry on the field.
- Please pray for our faithfulness in seeking and following the Lord’s leading every step of the way in the new areas of our ministry.
- Please pray for Yuki’s transition into Japanese middle school from April where much heavier and more competitive school work is expected.